Honours Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Synthesize knowledge from therapeutic recreation and related health disciplines to enhance the health and well-being of clients.
- Use a variety of therapeutic recreation assessments and tools to assess clients’ needs from within culturally sensitive and ecological frameworks.
- Develop a set of therapeutic recreation goals in alignment with evidence-based best practices, client strengths, and needs.
- Design an outcome-oriented, client-centred, and evidence-based therapeutic recreation intervention plan that utilizes community resources, supports client goals, and mitigates risk.
- Create a therapeutic recreation program protocol that could be used to implement intervention strategies to promote quality of life and wellness.
- Evaluate therapeutic recreation interventions and client outcomes to support modification of program plans.
- Analyze client data using therapeutic recreation standards of practice to document client information and inform interdisciplinary team decision-making.
- Practice therapeutic recreation in a safe and ethical manner by adhering to legislative, professional, and institutional codes of conduct and standards of practice.
- Disseminate therapeutic recreation information for advocacy, promotion and inclusive- community building to a variety of audiences, using verbal, written and digital communication strategies.
- Create a therapeutic recreation portfolio to advance professional development.
- Engage in regular self-reflective practice to promote ongoing relationship-building with self, clients, teams, and the community.