Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Gather and analyze evidence including documents, oral statements, computer records etc.
- Demonstrate effective interview techniques
- Use principles of accounting and understand related accounting systems such as general ledgers, expense accounts etc. to examine records and detect fraudulent activity
- Analyze financial statements and related disclosures (footnotes to statements)
- Understand internal controls
- Effectively present findings in both a written form and orally, in meetings and in a court setting
- Use and interpret legal concepts
- Identify indicators of fraud and recognize the factors that increase the likelihood for fraud/criminal activity
- Be aware of emerging schemes and trends in the field of forensic accounting