Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions using principles of design to create visual communications that meet the needs of the project.
- Employ the design process to create design solutions that meet the project objectives and the needs of the client and/or user.
- Plan, create and use photography, illustration and typography in design layouts to meet the requirements of the creative brief.
- Design, develop and create a variety of media products using relevant, current and/or emerging technologies.
- Communicate ideas, design concepts and opinions clearly and persuasively to others.
- Use recognized industry practices throughout the design process and related business tasks.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate graphic design projects using project management skills to deliver quality work to clients according to schedule and within budget.
- Complete all work in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Keep current with visual media design trends, technologies and industry practices using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.