Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Assist with the restraint of a variety of animal species, physically or with the use of chemical restraining agents, in clinical situations.
- Administer medications, under the supervision of a veterinary professional.
- Assist during surgical procedures by preparing and maintaining the surgical area.
- Produce standard diagnostic radiographs.
- Assist the technician with sample collection and processing.
- Counsel clients in humane animal care, basic needs, and nutritional requirements.
- Perform receptionist duties and basic bookkeeping functions to support an animal health business.
- Perform basic grooming techniques.
- Identify a variety of animal breeds and the normal and abnormal animal behaviour associated with them.
- Perform animal husbandry and provide ethical care for animals’ basic needs.