International Experience Grant
The International Mobility Office is pleased to support students interested in pursuing a global opportunity as a part of their studies through the International Experience Grant. The International Experience Grant provides financial support to eligible students.
To be eligible, you must:
- receive academic recognition in fulfilment of course or program requirements through participation on a global opportunity
- be travelling outside of Canada and the United States for your global opportunity
- not be returning to your home country for your global opportunity
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 with clear academic standing
- have no outstanding fees on your student account
Preference for funding is for students returning to full-time studies at Seneca following their global opportunity.
The amount of funding that you are eligible to receive through the International Experience Grant depends on the type and duration of the global opportunity.
|Type of Global Opportunity||Grant Total Amount (CAD)|
|Semester Exchange||Up to $2,000|
Summer Academic Program
|Up to $1,000|
|Faculty-led Program Abroad||Up to $1,500|
|Unpaid International Work Experience||Up to $1,000|
How to Apply
Applying for the International Experience Grant happens automatically when you apply to participate on a global opportunity. Responses in the “International Experience Grant” section of the Application for Student Mobility will help determine your eligibility to receive funding. More information on How to Apply is found here.
If you receive funding, you are required to submit a #SenecaAbroad blog no later than 3 weeks upon your return.