Seneca is delivering its courses fully online for the summer 2020. All students who will be entering or continuing at Seneca will require the following:
- a computer that runs on Windows 10 or the latest Mac OSX and has up to date virus protection software. Please note: Individual courses may have additional hardware requirements
- high-speed broadband access (Cable or DSL) is highly recommended. Some programs or courses require more advanced systems. Please refer to the program information page for information on specialized requirements
- headphones or speaker and a microphone for in-class conversations and meetings with your professors
- a webcam (may be required for specific courses)
Seneca is partnering with Dell Canada on a purchasing program that provides students and employees with a 25 per cent discount on three Dell laptop models. Each model meets Seneca’s technology requirements for online learning.
Use the online portal to purchase a Dell laptop through this program.
- a web browser, such as Safari, Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome. Please note: You may need to upgrade your web browser to access online learning tools
- various applications are available to all full-time Seneca students, including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and Trend Micro
- Adobe Creative Suite includes a number of applications such as Spark, Rush, Premier, Photoshop and more
- online teaching tools, including Blackboard Collaborate, MS Teams and Big Blue Button
- individual courses may have additional software requirements for playing audio or video or other applications. You can also review the list of applications made available for home use on a Windows-based machine
Note: Some applications may require you to install Student VPN to access licensed software
Mobile Devices and Mobile Apps
- mobile devices may allow for some participation in your course(s), however they present limitations and we cannot guarantee your device will meet all your coursework needs