- We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning and working environment for students and employees.
- Security Officers are present on a 24-hour basis at our King, Markham, Newnham, Seneca@York and Peterborough campuses.
- Security is actively monitored at all other campuses.
- Security Officers respond to all safety and security concerns. They provide first aid and emergency response, manage access control, administer the Lost and Found and provide general information.
- At Seneca, we do not tolerate violence, which includes the threat of violence and situations that cause a sense of endangerment to people’s safety.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment, we comply to the regulations and procedures in the Occupational Health and Safety Act; the Ontario Fire Code and all other federal, provincial and municipal acts and regulations that apply.
- Smoking in our campus buildings or vehicles is prohibited in compliance with the Smoke Free Ontario Act. Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas.
Security and Emergency Management Services
As a part of our commitment to ensuring safety on campus, we offer a variety of safety services for students and employees.
- Campus Escorts: Students and employees can request to be escorted to their vehicles or the bus stop by Campus Security.
- Work Alone: Employees working late in remote areas of the campuses can provide their name and location to Campus Security, and Security Officers will patrol the area and check in to ensure safety.
- Emergency Help Phone: Phones dedicated to connecting users to Campus Security are available at various locations at major campuses and in some parking lots.
For more detailed information regarding these services, please contact Campus Security.
Campus Security 416.491.5050
- King: ext. 55265
- Markham: ext. 77565
- Newnham: ext. 22565
- Peterborough: ext. 44565
- Seneca@York: ext. 33565
- Vaughan: ext. 33565
- Yorkgate: ext. 33565
Emergency 416.491.5050 ext. 88