Invent for Tomorrow.
Ask questions, judge evidence and create solutions. You want to advance the frontiers of science and we give you the foundation and knowledge to pursue your passion. With more than 35 years of experience providing training in chemical, pharmaceutical, and biological sciences and having graduates placed all over the world — we’ve got you covered. Within the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Technology, the School of Biological Sciences and Applied Chemistry is located at the Seneca@York Campus. Our curriculum is created using input from our advisory committees, comprised of professionals in the biotechnology, chemical technology, and pharmaceutical industries.
This dynamic and challenging sector offers rewarding careers and many opportunities to work in Canada, the United States, and abroad. You can join a profession that offers highly competitive salaries, flexible full-time, contract and consultant work with a variety of career possibilities including:
- Research in universities, hospitals and government labs
- Chemical, waste water, plastics, pharmaceutical and mining analysis
- Metallurgical and environmental assessment
- Physical, chemical and biological analysis
When it comes to graduating job-ready, having real-world experience matters. At Seneca, we complement your in-class learning with a range of opportunities to acquire practical skills and valuable connections outside the classroom. Our programs offer optional work term(s) that allow you to gain practical knowledge in a industry setting.
Programs that offer optional work term(s) are:
- Clinical Research
- Cosmetic Science
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs and Quality Operations
- Biotechnology – Advanced
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Chemical Laboratory Technology – Pharmaceutical
For more information on optional work term(s) please see Co-op & Work Experience.
Partners and Affiliations
Seneca’s School of Biological Sciences and Applied Chemistry has been in existence for more than 35 years. During this time we have developed a strong relationship with industry partners. Employers recognize the value a Seneca student and graduate and what they bring to their organizations.
Our industry partners and association affiliates include:
- Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) through the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT)
- Clinical Research Association of Canada (CRAC)
- Network of Networks (N2)
- Consortium of Academic Programs in Clinical Research (CoAPCR)
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
- Canadian Association of Professional Regulatory Affairs (CAPRA)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Group (PSG)
- Society of Cosmetic Chemists
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- BioTalent Canada
- Life Sciences Ontario